WHAT IS iFLASH PROGRAMMING?
iFlash Programming is the process of reprogramming automotive electronic control units (ECUs). Today’s vehicles are equipped with a number of ECUs that process information and control the engine, transmission and other functions. ECUs require regular updates just like a home PC and are designed to be flash reprogrammed with updated software to ensure optimum efficiency, driving comfort and accurate diagnostics. These updates are required every time a new ECU is installed and whenever the OE manufacturer releases a new version of this operating software.
WHAT CAN iFLASH PROGRAMMING FIX?
Flash Programming can often fix the following problems:
- False setting MILs and DTCs
- Transmission Shift Points
- Fuel Trim (Air/Fuel Mixture) Issues
- Hard Starting Conditions
- Dieseling/Run-On Conditions
- Poor Mileage(Air/Fuel Mixture) Issues
- Driveability Issues
WHAT DO I NEED TO iFLASH PROGRAM A VEHICLE?
- BSE J2534 Global Programmer interface box
- Computer with Windows 2000 or XP (A dedicated computer with high speed is highly recommended
- OE subscriptions for calibration files – ranging in price from $20 per day to $1500 per year. Available on CD, DVD or via internet download (dependant on manufacturer)
WHAT IS IFLASH? WHY DO I NEED IT?
iflash is a Blue Streak Electronics exclusive interface software that guides technicians through the flashing process. iflash provides users with FAQs, subscription purchasing information and proper programming procedures. iflash will even connect users to OEM websites for flash programming downloads. iflash is a must for any technician interested in flash programming.